Bloodstone’s Mystical Uses
There has been a lot of mystical speculation about how many different uses there are for bloodstone, whether they involve actually ingesting the powdered mineral, or just wearing it. The properties listed here are all said to be contained by the bloodstone:
- Promotes self-esteem, harmony and balance within one’s self.
- Used as an aphrodisiac when finely powdered, in India.
- Was believed in the Middle Ages to have the power to make its wearer invisible.
- Is believed to toughen and oxygenate the bloodstream, helping to ease blood-related ailments.
- Believed to be helpful in regulating the cycle of a woman’s menstrual flow, as well as easing painful cramps.
- Used as a general healing stone, that helps to clear and purify a body’s energy.
- In Medieval Europe, it was believed that bloodstone could stop hemorrhaging with just a single touch of the stone to the skin.
- The wearer was believed to have been given all the knowledge of the universe just by wearing the bloodstone.
- Bloodstone is believed to have the power to dispel all the negative energies in a relationship, revitalise feelings of romance for the couple, or renew a friendship on the rocks.
- Believed to enhance mental capabilities, and be able to inspire the wearer with intellectual ambition.
- The ancient Greeks believed that athletes wearing bloodstone would be gifted with endurance.
- Said to gift the wearer with physical strength, as well as emotional strength.
- Gives the wearer courage in dangerous or highly stressful situations.
- Also protects the wearer from one’s own destructive behaviour and desires.